OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Monday 8 June 2015

CANNONS FROM CADW

We visited Raglan Castle on Saturday to celebrate Arthur's forthcoming birthday and had a jolly time. Rooting among the little gift area of the shop I came across these useful cannon pencil sharpeners. They look mid to late 19c to me...perfect in fact for Little Wars (other than they sharpen pencils rather than fire matchsticks). They were £2.60 each, but I also had a 10% discount as we are CADW (Welsh Heritage) members (cheaper and better value than English Heritage I'm afraid).

Has anyone any idea if they represent historical guns...perhaps Parrotts apart from the funny extra arms on the breach knob?

here is one of the guns (I bought 2 for myself) with some of the newly arrived soon to be Danish 1/32 ACW figures. Any info on Danish guns of 1864 would be useful. I have ordered a book from Helion on the Danish army but it has yet to arrive.


3 comments:

  1. Some splendid purchases here- well done !
    I will look around for info for you at the weekend.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to look like a breech-loader ? Armstrong-Whitworth ??? , Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's it Tony. My knowledge of 19c guns is limited at the moment, but an image search turned up some similar guns.

      Delete