OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Saturday 17 March 2012

TREES FINISHED

It's been a funny old fortnight with mundane reality intefering with soldier fun, but last night I actually managed to clear off the wargames table and lay out the ECW figures I have finished with the terrain recently completed too.

Apart from coming to the conclusion I need to paint some more figures, I also found 54mm figures fill up the table nicely, and as I am finding them more enjoyable to paint than other scales now I think I will stick to this scale for the forseeable future, thus avoiding straining my failing peepers on 1/72 figs.

I have also decided to collect historical armies rather than random ECW figures, so will base my collection on the armies of Waller and Hopton at Lansdown (with perhaps a few less cavalry),  so I have a goal to aim for now, kicking off with the forces at the skirmish in Chewton Mendip.


1 comment:

  1. nice looking setup - like the 'simple' scenery; collecting for lansdown should keep you going for a while

    I find larger figs easier to paint; I use an old pair of reading glasses from 4 years ago - but even these are not quite enough sometimes and I have on occasion had to use last years old reading glasses (the delights of aging !)

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete