OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Thursday 1 September 2011

ALLIES OF MORDOR

Lets take a closer look at those humans allied with the Dark Lord

First, the Variags of Khand, which I always assumed to be a play on Varangians, so I used Varangian Guard figure from Minifigs, but made them suitably dour


Next are the Easterlings of Rhun, bearded and bearing great axes (Essex)


The Far Harad (Donnington Miniatures)

The Mumakil,(more like real elephants, but just BIG). These are plastic toys with extended milliput tusks and homemade howdahs with Donnington crew. I made the mistake of undercoating these with black enamels as I usually do, and the paint reacted with the rubbery plastic they are made of. The result being they are tacky to touch even after 9 years.



and finally The Haradrim (Donnington mongols). I like these figures as they remind me of some of the characters in Ian Miller's painting of the battle



Finally, welcome to Paul, who has 2 very nice blogs himself which are worth looking at, including some inspirational Imagi-nation armies http://paulywaulyswargamesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment