OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Sunday 10 July 2011

MUSIC FROM THE CIVIL WAR

I was delighted on Friday when my good friend and sometimes gaming buddy Speckled Jim, sent me a mail to say he had a spare ticket to see Strawhead last night. I have been a great fan of this band since starting my re-enacting career in 1985 during the 350th Sedgemoor anniversary with the Sealed Knot. I often listen to their albums while painting my  figures and their back catalogue covers a wide range of historical periods from Elizabethan to Napoleonic and beyond.

More relevant to this blog is this album


 which contains some pretty stirring stuff, and is just the thing to fire up enthusiasm when the dreaded painters block strikes. Anyhow they put on a great performance at the church in the village of Redwick (just across the Severn bridge) and then came to the pub afterwards for a pint of Reverend James (Brains brewery, and very good). All in all an excellent evening with good company.

For more information about Strawhead and how to buy their albums go to


No comments:

Post a Comment