OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Sunday 26 June 2011

SKIRMISH AFTER LANSDOWN

Took Things 1 and 2 to see a re-enactment battle today which was being staged at Chippenham by The English Civil War Society. I was keen to see my old unit in action again (Fairfax Battalia), but was rather saddened to see how their numbers had dwindled since the glory days of the late 80's and early 90's.  However the battle they put on was pretty good and both youngsters enjoyed it.
The Royalist Army (boooo!)


The Godly Parliamentarians (huzzah!)

The armies locked in mortal combat.

Altogether a fun afternoon out, despite it being blisteringly hot. It did make me glad to think that instead of doing my ECW battles clad in layers of wool miles from home, I can just pop up to the Growlery in the attic. Mind you I still have all my kit tucked away....

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of the re-enactment. Enjoyed your previous blog posts. The cuirassiers look really nice.

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allan. I'm glad you like the cuirassiers, I did those after looking at your 40mm ones. The sincerest form of flattery!
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete