OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Thursday 30 June 2011

DISMOUNTED CAVALRY FINISHED

Just this minute finished the cornet for these chaps, so the paint is still wet. The cornet depicts 2 hands emerging from a cloud, one holding a sword, the other a trowel. The motto (in utrumque paratus) means "prepared with either". It's one of the cornets of Captain Philip Twistleton, the other I used on the mounted bods I finished a while ago.


The model of Stokesay  castle in the background is a bit battered and dusty. I made it about 10 years ago, and unfortunately it is for 28mm figures, so I will need to do some 54mm buildings soon (maybe a sort of compressed Rockingham castle).

There are some strange lines appearing on the second picture. I am not sure how they got there but apologies for them!

1 comment: