OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Sunday 19 June 2011

CUIRASSIERS FINISHED

Firstly, welcome to Kev, of Kev's Wargames cabin http://www.kevswargamescabin.blogspot.com/ my first Follower! Over on Kev's blog are all sorts of goodies including some superb painting, and a budding 54mm ECW project, just like this one.

I managed to play the Father's Day card and bu**er off to the Growlery for half an hour to take some pictures and post them up. I finished these bods last night (or early this morning to be precise).



That road is really getting busy with troops charging up and down it. Next month's project will to be make terrain.

These chaps are Sir Melchior Karswell's Troop of horse. The cornet is based on that of Tott's cavalry in the Swedish army of The Thirty Years War, and the motto reads 'et in Inferno ego' Sir Melchior being a man with a diabolical reputation.

As mentioned before the riders are from Irregular and the horses by A Call to Arms. I wasn't go to do any shading on my 54mm ECW figures, but the armour just didn't look right so I gave it a wash of Games Workshops Badab Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment